Portuguese Project aligned with the European Green Deal
Green4Industry, a SIAC Project, is based on the European Green Deal, a sustainable growth strategy that aims to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050 and transform the EU into a modern, competitive and efficient resources user economy.
Climate change and environmental degradation pose an existential threat to Europe and the rest of the world. To overcome these challenges, the European Green Deal has set the following goals:
- Become climate neutral from 2050;
- Protect human, animal and plant lives by reducing pollution;
- Helping companies to become world leaders in clean products and technologies;
- Promote just and inclusive transition.
The European Green Deal intends to improve the well-being and health of citizens and future generations, providing several benefits:
- Fresh air, clean water, healthy soil and biodiversity;
- Renovated, energy-efficient buildings;
- Healthy and affordable food;
- More public transport;
- Cleaner energy and cutting-edge clean technological innovation;
- Longer-lasting products that can be repaired, recycled and re-used;
- Future-proof jobs and skills training for the transition;
- Globally competitive and resilient industry.
The Plan focuses on several Actions: the REPowerEU Plan (safe, sustainable and affordable energy for Europe), Climate, Energy, Transport, Agriculture, Finance and Regional Development, Industry, Research and Innovation, Environment and Oceans.
Find out more about the European Green Deal HERE!
Decarbonisation, Sustainability and Digitalization: the themes for 2024
CeNTI co-hosts the SmartX Innovation Hub
GIATEX: intelligent water management in the Textile sector
CeNTI participates in the promotion of sustainable policies in the plastics area
Researchers and professionals Analyse the Recycled and Functional Materials impact on Textiles
Privacy Note |