Multifunctional Felt and Intelligent Hybridization Project
The iHeatex – Multifunctional Felt and Intelligent Hybridization Project [Project nº 033098] aims at the research and development of new multifunctional, intelligent hybridization three-dimensional structures and architectures with active moisture and heating management properties, whose developments will be directed to two typologies of felted products for application in home textiles and hotels: bath articles and kitchen articles.
The project objectives will be achieved through the intelligent development of functional, hybrid and driver materials. Also at the level of three-dimensional felted textile structures, this project predict significant advances, in particular in spinning, weaving and finishing technologies. In order to guarantee the success of the project, a multidisciplinary consortium with complementary valences was defined in the key areas of innovation composed by J.F. Almeida, and two ENESII entities (CITEVE and CeNTI).
1. Development of the knowledge and intellectual and industrial property necessary to exploit the developed technologies;
2. To promote and stimulate innovation and development of new methodologies for the design and research of new products;
3. Development of the capacity for intervention in the area of embedded electronics;
4. Development of innovative felt structures for bathroom articles with the capacity of enhancing the absorption of water and/or moisture and rapid drying, as well as smart heating capacity;
5. Development of three-dimensional heating felts for table tops.
Project number: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-033098
Approval date: 24 April 2018
Project duration: January 2018 to December 2020
Total eligible cost: 691 581.45 €
Financial support EU: ERDF – 469 388.14 €
Project type: SI I&DT Empresarial – Copromoção
Intervention region: North of Portugal