Intelligent Protective VEST
The iP VEST – Intelligent Protective VEST Copromotion project (Project nº 033994) aims to research and develop innovative solutions for technical and functional clothing for intelligent multi-risk protection, using new textile materials with advanced performances and new sensor systems directly integrated, thus promoting individual protection and user information.
The objectives will be achieved through the development of multifunctional textile structures and intelligent hybridization, sensing system, control hardware and firmware, interface and software system and data transmission and global integration of solutions.
The innovative solutions foreseen in the iP Vest are part of the important and strategic market for functional and technical textiles – Protech area and its main application sectors are professionals in the ICT and energy industries.
For the success of the project, a multidisciplinary and complementary consortium was created, consisting of 2 companies (SCORECODE – Technical and Functional Clothing and VIATEL – Telecommunications Networks) and 2 ENESII (CITEVE and CENTI).
The iP VEST project is also associated with the HARPSENS project (EURIPIDES2 Project 17-0806).
Website: iP VEST
1. Develop the knowledge and intellectual and industrial property necessary for the exploitation of the developed technologies;
2. Promote and stimulate innovation and the development of methodologies for the design and investigation of new products in the area of protection;
3. Develop multifunctional and intelligent hybridization textile structures with protective and comfort properties, for the energy and telecommunications sector;
4. Develop the sensing system, hardware and control firmware to monitor the user's biometric parameters;
5. Develop the data transmission interface and software system;
6. Develop the global integration process for solutions.
Project number: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-033994
Approval date: 02 May 2018
Project duration: June 2018 to March 2021
Total eligible cost: 802 140.24€
Financial support EU: ERDF – 549 633.20€
Project type: Nacional – SI I&DT Empresarial – Copromoção
Intervention region: Centre and North of Portugal