Intelligent window with functionalities to improve comfort and energy efficiency of buildings
This project aims to develop a unique product, within the concept of an intelligent window, SmartFRAME, being made of aluminum or pultruded fiberglass profiles, and several integrated technologies.
It is intended to create within the scope of this project an window with new functionalities to guarantee the air quality in indoor environments, high energy efficiency, comfort, and security, as well as ability to intuitively interact with the final user, based on the new technology of gesture recognition.
To achieve the project's objectives, several technologies will be integrated, based on 4 R&D lines:
- R&D in intelligent windows integrating autonomous systems, interactivity and domotics;
- R&D in intelligent windows for comfort and energy efficiency improvement;
- R&D in software for online monitoring and control platform and;
- R&D in integration processes of systems and peripheries.
Project number: POCI-0-0247-FEDER-033801
Approval date: 23 May 2018
Project duration: July 2018 to June 2022
Total eligible cost: 755 872.39 €
Financial support EU: ERDF – 525 099.65 €
Project type: SI I&DT Empresarial – Copromoção
Main objetive: Strengthen research, technological development and innovation
Intervention region: North of Portugal
An intelligent window with the following functionalities integrated and interconnected:
- Automation system with low power consumption and reduced dimensions;
- Gesture control system and proximity detection;
- Automatic system for air quality control;
- Sensing system to collect, pre-processing and storage climatic data and CO2 levels;
- Heating system for frames;
- Automatic sealing system;
- Monitoring and control online platform.
Project video – see here
Project technical data: see here