Advanced Production System for the Built Environment Focusing on Productivity and Sustainability
STEPS project aims to develop a new advanced system for production of buildings that enables the environmental impact reduction or even neutralization of the entire production chain, which integrates and feeds the construction sector, and substantially increase productivity in construction industry. This system depends on the research and development of a specific technological solution: houseFIT system, a technological system of prefabricated components with a high level of automation, lightweight and small dimensions, which together enable the complete production of buildings in self-construction or using robotized labour.
1. Democratisation of building construction process, through vertical integration of the production chain, and specific software that allows the execution project to be drawn up automatically by user action;
2. Reduction of carbon footprint resulting from the entire production process of a building and its life cycle;
3. Implementation of measures aimed at promoting circular economy within the system itself, through reuse/recycling of components;
4. Reduction of specialized labour dependence and 100% dependence on traditional labour;
5. Ensure cost reduction throughout the process;
6. Development of new, more sustainable and ecological structures and materials, with similar performance to EPS, for thermal and acoustic insulation functions, but still economically viable.
Project number: NORTE-01-0247-FEDER-047054
Approval date: 29 July 2021
Project duration: March 2020 to June 2023
Total eligible cost: 1 386 685.87 €
Financial support EU: ERDF – 951 282.50 €
Project type: SI I&DT Empresarial – Copromoção
Intervention region: North of Portugal