It is generally accepted that physical activity confers benefits to psychosocial health, functional ability and general quality of life.
The goal of WEAR2HEAL project is the development of innovative solutions for recovery optimization after sports practise, using cutting edge technologies in association with innovative materials and processes, namely the integration and printing of electronic devices.
- Development of intelligent massage and compression systems, acting on the textile structure, by introducing materials with shape memory integrated by textile processes;
- Development of intelligent systems for electrostimulation and heating, acting on the textile structure, by introducing conductive wires/fibers and, on the finishing level, through printed and integrated electronics;
- Development of an integrated solution with the different levels of performance previously mentioned.
Project Number: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-039918
Project Duration: July 2019 to June 2022
Eligible Cost: 948.026,70€
Financial Support Feder: 693.817,88€
Project Type: SI I&DT Empresarial – Copromoção
Region of Intervention: North
Promotors:TINTEX TEXTILES S.A., FADEUP, CITEVE, HATA, CENTI
The WEAR2HEAL project will explore different lines of research for advanced textile structures, namely:
- textile system for electrostimulation;
- textile system for localized heating;
- compression system for localized massage.