RFID UHF Tag System with Sensors for Real-Time Stock Monitoring
The Vi-TAG project aims to develop an integrated label with systems with wireless energy charging and greater autonomy, sensing and communication, directly in outer side of goods. Thus, it is intended the development of new sensor solutions, hardware for energy storage, wireless charging systems and their integration, by the implementation of low cost systems and greater capacity to acquire qualitative information of the products while it is being transported. The idea of this project was borne of VIATEL (lead promoter) need to strengthen its business offer. Whether by applying conscious and truly differentiated management to its direct competitors, but also by the possibility of offering new values and a higher quality in its services, to increase productivity and its insertion in markets and more demanding geographies.
To ensure the success of the project, a multidisciplinary consortium with complementary skills in the key innovation areas was defined, composed by the company VIATEL and the ENESII entity (CENTI).
1. Development of printed sensors to measure parameters such as humidity and temperature, among others, to monitor items or boxes;
2. Implementation of a UHRF architecture for communication and for powering low energy systems;
3. Development of new energy storage systems compatible with wireless power;
4. Development of a stock monitoring and control system between warehouses, factories and mobile transport units;
5. Development of knowledge and intellectual and industrial property necessary for the exploitation of developed technologies;
6. Development of new technologies and products that allow the acquisition and transmission of data, energy storage and integration in tradable goods, thus having a dynamic and positive impact on the productive and economic leverage of the promoting companies, by creating new business opportunities and new products;
7. Obtaining a smaller differentiating product with more energy autonomy and with high flexibility to adapt the product to the user.
Project number: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-033959
Approval date: 12 May 2018
Project duration: June de 2018 to November de 2021
Total eligible cost: 465 663.81 €
Financial support EU: ERDF – 301 663.81 €
Project type: SI &DT Empresarial – Copromoção
Main objective: Strengthen research, technological development and innovation
Intervention region: Centre and North of Portugal
- Proof of Concept;
- Final Prototypes;
- Disclosure at Fairs and Conferences:
- INDUSTRIAL IMPULSE 2019;
- Productronica 2019;
- ISFOE 2020;
- Innolae 2021;
- LOPEC 2021.
Project video – see here